Tuesday, October 4, 2011

All Quiet on the Western Front Reviews

It was stated that All Quiet on The Western Front, Clip: has been hailed as the best war novels ever, and it's easy to see why. End Clip [i] When I was looking for reviews on the book All Quiet on the Western Front, I really liked one comment somebody noted about the book. Clip: It shows us how war has a hidden face that most people do not see until it is too late. End Clip. [ii] I really liked the way the same person described the theme of All Quiet on the Western Front.  He described it as Clip: …war must be avoided at all cost because of the severe consequences that will arise. War causes people to lose friends, makes people worried and creates a feeling of uncertainty among innocent people. War also creates hatred among people. For example, two friends of different nationalities may become bitter enemies only because their respective countries are at war. End Clip [ii] Of all the reviews I read about the book, I didn’t come across any negative comments, only positive.  Another review that I read has such an effect on one person, he didn’t want to re-read it thinking it wouldn’t be as good the second time.  Clip: “But when a book has such a profound effect on you, how can it not be one of the best books you've ever read, even if its effect is lessened on a re-read?” End Clip [iii] When I personally started to read the book, I was hooked instantly.  I thought it was well written and had good meaning to it.  The book gives a good understanding of how war was back then, and wheat type of effect it had on people. I would recommend this book for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment